How Does Turo Work?
Finding Your IDEAL Car
Let's Find A Car
Let’s role through an example. I want to find a Tesla Model S for rent on Turo, let’s go in and try to find out that matches my needs.
To start out, I’ll place a trip for 3 days, from Monday to Thursday, in Washington D.C.
Let’s look through all the photos, the description provided about this vehicle, miles allowed per day, and any special guidelines needed to operate this vehicle.
I am confident in getting this vehicle, let’s move towards making your booking.
Making Your Booking
From here, booking your car is very straight forward. Have a look at any of the EXTRA’s, what kind of Turo vehicle insurance you want, how much the trip fee is per day, and how many miles you can travel during the entire trip.
If uncertain about some things, READ below as I’ll clarify the most common concerns!
Useful Things To Know (before booking)
If you see anything questionable about booking or anything related to the vehicle you are interested in, the following things will be explained in detail so you know EXACTLY what you can do and what you are paying for. Let’s first start with Turo insurance coverage.
Turo Cancelation Policy
- 25 hours or more before your strip starts, you can cancel and get a full refund.
- You book a trip less than 25 hours before the trip starts, you must cancel within 1 hour after booking.
Daily Mileage Allowances
In the event you don’t want to pick up the vehicle yourself, inquire about the delivery option. Ask the host to estimate the cost to have it dropped off wherever your desired destination is.
The vehicle can be delivered to you for the cost of a taxi or Uber ride back to the house of your host (once they dropped the vehicle off).
In most cases, hosts will only drop-off their vehicles at airports (that is what I’ve usually seen). A discount or a full exemption of the delivery fee can happen if you rent the vehicle for at least a few days.
Speciality Age Requirements
It’s a fact that younger drivers are more likely to get into an accident. However, not all drivers are treated equally. Even if you have a clean and safe driving record, if you are under 25 years of age… you’ll pay a 15% extra to rent an automobile per day.
This is called a “Young Driver Fee“.
The best cars for anyone who is under 25 are ones that are priced on the lower end (sub $75 per day). This fee is really felt once you start renting cars above $100 per day.
Lastly, there’s a refundable deposit required for most LUXURY cars for anyone who is under 30 years of age. This is actually a better thing since just a few years ago, if you could put this deposit down, you still couldn’t rent a car since the requirements were for people who are 30+ years of age.
Now, if you are between 25 and 29 years of age, you can place a $1,000 to $1,500 deposit and rent almost any car in Turo. In some rare cases, there’s some vehicles which can only be rented to 30+ year old individuals.
Basic Things Turo Hosts Love
As you are reading this Turo review, I hope I am answering all the questions you need to know. To wrap it up when it comes to the most common concerns when renting, let’s outline the obvious things a host wants from a renter. The following are in no particular order, they apply in USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, and anywhere else Turo is available.
- If you can’t drive a manual transmission, be honest with the host. The last thing you’d want is get charged for burning out someones clutch.
- Communicate with the host. Daily rates and mileage limits (as mentioned earlier) can often be negotiable.
- Don’t wear out the vehicles tires. It can be very tempting to do fun things in rental cars. Since you are required to take photos of before and after your rental, if suddenly the back tires lost 50% tread… fingers will be pointed towards you.
- Bring back the vehicle with a full tank or charge.
- Ratings for a host are EVERYTHING. If you can honestly give them feedback, they can do the same for you.
- If you are renting, don’t be sketched out of this entire process (especially if this is your first time). Turo is just like AirBnb… but for cars.
Are There Any Turo Coupon Codes?
There sure is!
Whether you are a renter or a host, you will get a chance to share a unique link with others who want to rent through Turo. If you are new to this, you can get a 25% off coupon by using this link: https://turo.com/c/ivang124
When you book your first trip, the 25 dollars will go directly towards it. This will help both of us out! =)