EV Charger Reviews - Top 7 Picks
#1. JuiceBox Pro 40 - BEST EV Charger of 2019
- Capable of charging up to 10kW/h
- Has three different models to choose from
- Controllable with a phone application to track usage
- Reasonable priced
- Simple design and easy to use
#2. Siemens US2 VC30GRYU Level 2 Charger
- Charging Rate up to 7.2kW
- Uses a NEMA 6-50 Plug
- Simple Design and Layout
- 3-Year Warranty Available
- 20-Foot Charging Cord
#3. MUSTART ER-N1450 Electric Charging Station
#4. ChargePoint CPH25-P Electric Charging Station
- ChargePoint App is Available for IOS and Android Phones
- Can Charge at Up To 32 amps
- Charging Cord is 25 Feet Long
- Ergonomic and Attractive Design
#5. Bosch EL-51254-A Electric Charging Station
- Charges at 30 amps
- Charging Cable is 25 Feet Long
- Simple Design
- Hardwiring Required
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
#6. Blink HQ Level 2 Home Charger
- $300 Credit Towards Blink’s Public Charging Network
- Can Take Up To 30 amps at 220-240 volts
- Simple Design
- Requires Hardwiring
#7. Zencar EV Charger Level 2 Home Charger
- The Most Affordable Unit You Could Buy
- Can Charge at 16 amps
- Minimal Design
- 9 Different Variants to Choose From
Benefits of Level 2 Charging (Infographic)
What Do I Do From Here?
Since you’ve come this far, I congratulate you. I mentioned the 7 best EV home charger stations for 2019, so from here it’s up to you to decide which one works for you.
It’s important to not overdo it with your upcoming buy. Find out what your EV’s or PHEV’s highest kW rate is and find a charger that meets it but does not exceed it.
Example: A 2011 Chevy Volt takes a maximum of 3.3kW. If you get #7 on the list above, that would be more than enough. If you buy something that can charge at 6.6 or 7.2kW, it would be pointless. Your vehicle can only take what the onboard charger can accept (3.3kW in the Volt).
Aside from that, you have the knowledge necessary to pick a home electric car charging station.